Re: NT Install

On Tue, 07 Nov 2000, Graham wrote:
> I have done as you suggested and checked out the latest version from cvs.
> Build now seems to proceed much further, but when I try to run ozoneInst -dc:\<data
> dir>
> I get the followiing error:-
>
> Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Common

Hmmmm... what _is_ the missing class? Is this the entire error message?

> I notice that when running build that it reports that 'no descriptor file' seems to
> crop up a lot, and a BUILD FATAL ERROR is reported at the end of compilation when it
> attempts to run javadoc.

- "no descriptor file" is not an error
- error while building javdocs is not a problem

> I have tools.jar in the classpath and OZONE_HOME is defined. OZONE_HOME\bin is in
> the path.
> Please let me know what I have missed.
tools.jar should be added to the CLASSPATH by the ant.bat script. SO you don't
need to add this by hand.

> Sorry to pester you with all these stupid questions, but if I can get it working on
> NT as well as it does on Linux then we would like to use it in a big project, and
> I will be able to contribute company time to ozone development.

Graham, to get you started I would suggest to use the classes that you build on
Linux.

However, I would like to solve the NT problems. So, did anybody build and run
ozone from CVS (after 0.5.5 release) on NT?