Re: Dumping

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:56:48 +0100
Falko Braeutigam <falko@smb-tec.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Alex Ang wrote:
[...]
> > Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: SER002 No writer sup
> > plied for serializer
> >         at
> > org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer.startDocument(XMLSerializer.ja
> > va:352)
> >         at
> > org.ozoneDB.xml.util.SAXChunkConsumer.processChunk(SAXChunkConsumer.j
> > ava:121)
> >         at
> > org.ozoneDB.xml.util.XMLContainer.extractSAX(XMLContainer.java:422)
> >         at Client.dump(Client.java:335)
> >         at Client.main(Client.java:159)
>
> This is just a bug in the sample code but I don't know how to fix it. It
> appeared after updating xerces.jar. The sample uses the following code which
> was okay for the older xerces:
[...]
> Can someone more familiar with xerces hep us out here?

I glanced over Xerces Javadoc and found the following in XMLSerializer:
"If a writer is used, make sure the writer uses the same encoding (if applies) as specified in the output format."
Is it possible that the default encoding of the PrintWriter (resp. the underlying OutputStream) is different from the one the Serializer gets?
(I'm only guessing.)

Conny

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com