Fw: Re: query?

Sorry, forgot to send it to the list, as well.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:16:51 +0100
From: Conny Krappatsch <conny@smb-tec.com>
To: "Wai Keong Loo" <s99661375@np.edu.sg>
Subject: Re: query?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:49:03 +0800
"Wai Keong Loo" <s99661375@np.edu.sg> wrote:

> Thanks for answering all my previous questions.
> I am now trying to run the xml sample found in the OZONE_HOME\SAMPLES\XML
> directory. I am able to store test.xml into the database but what can I
> query
> and how do I query. Please give a simple example on test.xml, thank you.

You can 'query', 'dump' or 'print' the stored XML.

'Dump' and 'print' are somehow similar, but while 'print' gives you the String representation of the XML Nodes 'dump' produces "real" XML using a XML serializer. Here are some sample usages:

-print the whole document: ojvm Client print test.xml -p
-dump the whole document to file 'test.out.xml': ojvm Client dump test.xml -ftest.out.xml
-dump only 3 levels of the document: ojvm Client dump test.xml -d3

'Query' displays the query result like print does. It could look like this:

-query for all <NAME> elements and print the result to stdout: ojvm Client query test.xml -q//NAME -p

Type "ojvm Client" to see the usage screen.

regards,
Conny Krappatsch

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com