Ozone is a ... transactional server-side DOM?

I wanted to get a clearer understanding of what Ozone actually is, and
aspires to eventually be.

I've been looking for a DOM object that acts like a small multiuser
database. (Small number of concurrent users, anyway) Something that can run
on an intranet server with the following capabilities:

- Can manage medium-size XML datasets on the server for multiuser reads, but
still be persistent and use transactional updates. Medium-size XML would be
a few megabytes; In a contact-manager scenario, say 10,000 schedule items
and 2,000 person items associated with the schedule.

- Can service read-requests from multiple users.
Web pages served to multiple users (10 or fewer) from the persistent XML
DOM. PHP or ASP, occasionally using their own client-side parsers, will be
requesting some XML and making a page with it, and sending updates to it.
That XUpdate thing sounds great.

- Will manage updates to the shared DOM with transactional integrity.
(I think) all I need from this is something that locks/delays reads until
update is complete, and returns success code on update.

- Implements much of the current DOM spec, Xpath, etc.
API closely matches the most modern client-side DOM parsers.

Is Ozone anywhere in the neighborhood of supporting those features, now or
in the future?