RE: Handling large XML document

If I may just add my two cent worth..

One thing I notice from this thread is that it appears that you wish to
storre a large amount of data as a single XML document.Have you thought
about maybe splitting your data further and then aggregating it later on
an element to element basis to avoid such large sizes. I realize that
from an "ease of programming" perspective, a single document makes sense
and is easier to keep track of, but bear in mind that the true strength
of XML is in it's ability to seamlessly blend data from various sources
into a single document

so, maybe...
if you try split your data up further along logical lines and create and
maintain (let ozone do it via special objects) a metadata set of the rest
of your information, maybe you can reduce the size of the document and
instead read from 5 or 6 smaller documents, I'm pretty sure that the
performance would be better than 1 huge XML document

just MHO

Sean Allen

Zero One Communications