Problems using ozone as a xml repository

Hi,
I would like to use ozone as a xml repository to hold a lot of xml document.
In order to perform xpath query on the whole archive I would like to create
a BIG xml document structured like this one:
<repository>
	<doc>
	</doc>
           <doc>
	</doc>

</repository>

Is is the right method to procede or is there a better approach?
I know that DOM standard libraries require to load completely the document
in ram, so a document like the one I would like to create
cannot be handled in such way. Is ozone able to manipulate a file bigger
than the ram available?

I tryed to implement the previous idea, but I had some problems:
I stored in the db a document like this one:

<xml version="1.0">
<repository>
</repositiry>

then I tryed to add other docs by Xupdate command. I used the following
Xupdate query:

<lexus:modifications version="1.0"
xmlns:lexus="http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate">
	<lexus:append select="/xmlrepository" child="last()">
		<lexus:element name="article">
		</lexus:element>
	</lexus:append>
</lexus:modifications>

Now the first time it works, then it overwrites the previously written
article.
What is wrong with this Xupdate?

Thank you for every suggestion
Marco