Re: pre-commit method?

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Is there a method that can be called on an object before the
> object is committed to the database?
>
> Something like onDelete(), but that is called when a new or
> modified object is about to be written to the database.

It should be no problem to add such a method. I was thinking of it already.
Anyway, you would really need to know what's going on inside ozone to use it
properly. For this reason I decided to not add it until now.

> This would be very useful for integrity checking.

I was thinking of something like onActivate()/onPassivate() like EJB. But you
would like to have an onCommit(). Do other systems provide such methods?
Examples? What kind of integrity check? Can you explain more?