Re: Newbie: Problems building ozone-0.6 on Linux

Hi!

Robert Skarwecki wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> as the subject line says I have problem compiling ozone on a Linux
> system
> (2.2.14 kernel) using Sun's 1.3 JDK.

I have no problems compiling the newest version of Ozone from CVS with
Sun's JDK 1.3 on a Linux System (2.2.16 Kernel).

> Now that I am actually taking a look at the bin directory I can tell
> that
> there are several files missing: w3c-dom.jar, xalan.jar and jsdk.jar .
> I am wondering how this can be as the documentation states that the
> source package contains everything that's needed for building ozone.

This jars aren't needed anymore. Seems that somebody has forgotten to
delete the references in build.xml.

> PS.
> I tried building ozone on NT SP 6 as well (using Sun's JDK 1.3.0_01) -
> the problem is a totally different one:
> E:\ozone-0.6>build
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Project base dir set to: E:\ozone-0.6
> Executing Target: init
> Executing Target: prepare
> Executing Target: DxLib
> Compiling 62 source files to E:\ozone-0.6
> sun/tools/javac/Main
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.doClassicCompile(Javac.java:421)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:218)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:120)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:658)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:407)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:240)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:191)

Maybe it would help to put tools.jar (from the jdk) in the classpath?

Michael Keuchen