Re: Some observations

> What about using a ClassLoader architecture for dynamic runtime
> adaptition to whatever enviroment we are running in
> i.e. If we are using JDK1.3 Classloader find's out using System.env and
> dynamically loads whatever classes are nessicary to operate most
> efficiantly in that enviroment.
> This would allow for maximum compatibility but remove any compilie-tine
> fiddling.

Sounds like a good idea to me. The only problem is that one would have to be
careful not to fall into the trap of being incompatible with future
versions. If this is going to be based on the java.version variable, can one
count on all JDK 1.3 VMs to signal their compatibilit correctly?

Is it even specified anywhere that java.version must reflect the JDK API a
VM implements?

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.infidyne.com
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://scode.infidyne.com