Re: How to have 2 databases on a server?

Hi Neil.

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:12:00 -0500
Neil Aggarwal <neil@JAMMConsulting.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I need to have two distinct databases on a single server.
>
> When I start the ozone server, I give it the directory where
> the database should reside, so I assume that I need to
> run separate servers for each database.  Is this correct?

Yep.

> If I need to run separate servers, I need to set the
> server port and admin ports to non-default ports.  I
> looked at the org/ozoneDB/Setup.java file and I see:
>     setIntProperty( PORT, 3333 );
>     setIntProperty( ADMIN_PORT, 3000 );
>
> But, I dont see a way to change the defaults from
> the command line for the server.

Run

  ozoneInst -h

to see all available command line properties.

> Is there a way to over-ride this default?

Something like

  ozoneInst -dxxx -DozoneDB.port=yyy -DozoneDB.adminPort=zzz

should do the job.

> Thanks,
> 	Neil.
>
> --
> Neil Aggarwal
> JAMM Consulting, Inc. -- (972) 612-6056, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
> Custom Internet Development -- Java, JSP, servlets, databases

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                                    mailto:lars@smb-tec.com