Re: XML and JNDI

On Sun, 08 Aug 1999, Zvi Avraham wrote:
> >%_Falko,
> look at OpenXML - Open Source XQL engine implementation:
>
> http://www.openxql.org
>
> Can it be incorporated into Ozone OODBMS ?
> Of course we need first to implement Persistent DOM ...
Unfortunately I'm very busy with other things at present but yes, we are going
to use OpenXML to produce the persistent DOM. Currently I'm trying to figure
out ways to avoid the 'node explosion'. So far I see 2 ways: First, cut the
DOM tree at a certain depth and re-parse parts when retrieving. Second, do not
store all nodes as persistent objects but make clusters instead. Any
other/better ideas?

Actually, I have not yet started the DOM implementation. I want to finish the
single-VM version of ozone first.