Performance of ozone

Hello,

I'm new here so I'll start with some basic questions.   I'm mostly
familiar with "traditional" object-oriented database servers, meaning that
objects live AT the client instead of being always on the server (and
accessed via a proxy).

Right now, I'm mostly concerned by the performance of ozone (or any other
software with similar architecture) versus Page-Server OODBMS or
Object-Server OODBMS.   Has anybody done some comparisons/benchmarks or
any kind of performance test to see what are the practical implications of
having the objects residing on the server?

Have any efforts been made to program a known benchmark?  (something like
OO7?)

If you don't have hard data, you can just share your experience, too.  I'm
also interested in hearing about other folks who use ozone...

Alex.