Re: How to list database?

Falko Braeutigam wrote:
Tim Brown wrote:

> I was wondering how to delete all objects in a database without
> knowing what is in there.  Is this possible?
>
> It would also be nice to be able to list them out.
Currently you cannot browse the database if you do not know the named
root objects and the structure of the classes. So it is also not
possible to delete all objects without knowing these things.

However, it is possible to develop such an ad-hoc browsing tool because
the structure of the database classes can be retrieved via Java
reflection. But currently I do not know if such a tool is really needed.
Because it would only be able to _show_ the object structure of the
database. What do you think?

I think it wouldn't be worth spending alot of time on if you cannot edit objects or delete them.  I have written my own as was intended.  Too used to the big relational databases :)

Falko Braeutigam                         mailto:falko@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b                          http://www.softwarebuero.de
--
Tim Brown