Anyone here

Hi,

I haven't seen a message from this list in a long time.  is
it still active?

Is anyone else seeing what I am?  I have done extensive
testing of ozone and have noticed that if I attempt to write
large objects to the database it takes forever.  My project
is a space game.  So I write the following:

starDataImpl - Has about 10 fields on of which is a Vector
holding no more than 10 small objects.

planetDataImpl - each planet in it has lots of data.  This
object holds all of the sector objects for each planet and
can have thousands of objects.  Creating the planetData
object in ozone is fast but adding planets takes forever.
Creating a 4 star universe takes 5-10 minutes.  I need to
create 100-200 stars really.

The dataImpl objects are modeled somewhat after the Garage
example except that the individual objects are not
ozoneRemote objects but rather serializable objects.
starData holds stars and planetData holds planets.

Has anyone succeded in managinf large objects in ozone at a
reasonable speed?  At this point I am thinking I need to use
something else.

If anyone is interested in seeing the code, it is available
at my URL below, just click toward new game and you can
download it.

Thanks,
Tim

--