Från: esv@lyngso-industri.dk <esv@lyngso-industri.dk>
Till: ozone-users@softwarebuero.de <ozone-users@softwarebuero.de>
Datum: den 13 april 1999 13:18
Ämne: Error in OPP using JDK1.2 and Linux

Hi.

I am having some problems running the Car example from the tutorial.

CLASSPATH= ...jdk1.2/lib/dt.jar:....jkd1.2/lib/tools.jar:....ozone-01e/ozone.zip

[esv@enterprise ozone]$ javac Car.java      OK
[esv@enterprise ozone]$ javac CarImpl.java  OK

[esv@enterprise ozone]$ opp dk.esv.ozone.CarImpl

CarImpl_Proxy.java:5: Package DE.softwarebuero.ozone not found in import.
import DE.softwarebuero.ozone.*;
       ^
CarImpl_Proxy.java:6: Class DE.softwarebuero.ozone.core.ObjectID not found in import.
import DE.softwarebuero.ozone.core.ObjectID;
       ^
CarImpl_Proxy.java:9: Superclass dk.esv.ozone.OzoneProxy of class dk.esv.ozone.CarImpl_Proxy not found.
      extends OzoneProxy
              ^
CarImpl_Proxy.java:10: Interface dk.esv.ozone.Car of class dk.esv.ozone.CarImpl_Proxy not found.
      implements Car {
                 ^
4 errors

The CarImpl_Proxy.java file is created (if I use the -ks option) and it can be compiled OK

[esv@enterprise ozone]$ javac MyApp.java      OK
[esv@enterprise ozone]$ java dk.esv.ozone.MyApp create

Connected ...
DE.softwarebuero.ozone.ClassNotFoundExc: dk.esv.ozone.CarImpl

I only get this error when I run the program under Linux (RedHat 5.2) under WinNT and Win95 it
is OK.

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong. I think the first problem (OPP) must be a problem
invoking javac from within OPP. The second problem could be the Linux JDK1.2 port.

Erik

---
Erik Svendsen
Software Engineer