Re: Ozone have Blobs?

Artist wrote:

> Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> >
> > Artist wrote:
> > >
> > > Does Ozone have blobs? (Blob = dynamically allocated record size)
> > ozone is a real Java-based, object-oriented database system. That means
> > all you can do with Java you can do with ozone. So of course objects can
> > have different sizes at different times. The concepts of BLOBs and
> > records are no longer needed when working with ozone.
>
> Is a vitual machin necessary to use ozone? To minimize server burden I
> am considering the use of Java CGI's that have been compiled into native
> code. Cygnus, http://www.cygnus.com has a compiler that compiles Java
> into native code. I would need a database engine that can work with this
> and also be in native code.

I do not know for sure but I'm afraid ozone cannot work with such a
compiler. I have not tested it yet but ozone uses the dynamic byte-code
running process. (BTW: this is reason why we did not start coding ozone
earlier - there was no suitable VM available.) Is dynamic loading supported
by any compiler available???

softwarebuero m&b                          http://www.softwarebuero.de