Re: ODMG 2.0 ???

ODMG compliance is only desirable if you want widespread use of Ozone.
Compliance to standards is, oftentime, a prerequisite to acceptance for
commercial applications.  Adherence to standards makes porting one
application to another application easier and enables the emergence of
third-party applications that satisfy niche markets that use disparate
object databases (Objectivity, GemStone, etc.) which can add to the
"snowball effect" and generate even more use of a software program.

Like anything else, the issue of standards is a tradeoff.  One of the great
things about open source software is it can lessen the need for adherence
to standards because one has the ability to satisfy that crucial niche
feature that can make or break an application.  Ulitmately, however, if you
want Ozone to be accepted by industry, you are going to have to make some
effort to accommodate, at least partially, the ODMG standards.  If, for no
other reason, for "newbies" to understand and quickly utilize Ozone.

Just my two cents...

Ron