Re: Performance tests

Hi Erik,

> Hi again
>
> Has anybody done any performance tests using the Ozone database?

We've implemented the OO1 (or Cattell) benchmark for ozone. This is a
standard benchmark for OODBMS. It should be included in the ozone
package. The problem is to get some reference values from other OODBMS.
We only got them for ObjectStore PSE for Java and the result is, that
ozone is much more faster while creating and updating objects and a
little bit slower while lookup operations.

But finally the performance depends on your projects. So the best is to
do your own benchmarks and to find out if it fits the needs of your
applications.

Regards
	Gerd

Gerd Mueller                               gerd@softwarebuero.de