Re: Other Ozone XML/OODB

We are doing an XML database over PSE-PRO for Java 3.0 (from Object
Design). Some of the task are: translating a given DTD to an OO
Data-Model; integration of several DTD; incorparate NameSpaces. In fact,
we are trying to define what an XML-database is. We think DTD is not
enough, and we are trying to work with XML-Schema proposals.
As a curiosity: we did the same translator fot DTD-to-Relational_DB, the
result: poor, very poor.

We can read a lot of hype about storing XML data, but the only (more o
less) real XML_DB I know is POET Content Manager, but it is only for
Windows. Excelon (from Object Design) is based on ObjectStore (Windows
only) and is more a cache memory than a real XML-database.

Another important point is the XML query language. Mind the XML-Dev
list, it is not clear what proposal will win this honour. I am changing
my mind from some time ago and I think we shoud use XSL as a query
language (superseding the dispute between XML-QL and XQL).