Re: Other Ozone XML/OODB

Zvi Avraham wrote:

> I first heard about Ozone from Cocoon mailing list,
> then I started to search on Altavista for "Ozone XML object database"
> I first found O2, and then only your Ozone.
Then we will keep up the name ;)

>     I'm looking for cheaper alternative for Object Design XML Data Server,
> b/c I'm not in a mood to pay $15000 per CPU ! I need PDOM and XQL
> functionality.
Unfortunately I do not know much about the XML stuff. But so far it seems to
be no problem to make a persistent DOM with ozone. But I'm confused about the
query languages. Can somebody clarify this a little bit? I've forwarded the
posting to Vincent.Aguilera also. Could his X-OQL be an option?

> What about DOM implementation, when every Node object will be
> also implement Serializable and Remote interfaces ?
Yes, this is the way. But because of the central object activation of ozone it
could be a pretty overhead to access every Node object via RMI. So far I see
two ways to solve this problem: First is to cluster Node objects and second is
to put much of the code which accesses the DOM into the ozone server.