Re: Other Ozone XML/OODB

>From my knowledge and experience in XML and databases, trying to produce
a persistent DOM is not a good strategy. The main point to discuss is:
what is DOM good for ? I will not see DOM in the server tier, I'd rather
use DOM for client applications.

If I am designing an application for my organization I don't think in
terms of DOM-data-structure, I'll design my own OO-data model and I'll
build it in an OO-DB. Afterwards, if you like to publish part of your
data model to a foreing client, then you should generate an XML file or
its equivalent binary standar (DOM) to be delivered (if the client were
in-hose I'll keep in my objectual system). I think Dom is for standar
client processing (a client could be another, foreing, server).

The client could, then, use XML-QL, XQL, XSL, or whatever other query
language for local processing. But for my local (in-hose) applications
accesing my OO-DB I'll stick to ODMG 2.0 OQL.

There are some other important issues open, like: how to translate the
DTD (XML scheme) to an OO-data-model, I think we should relay in OQL.

I am very enthusiastic with XML, BUT it is good only for what is good,
and nothing more.