Re: why Ozone too slow ?

Zvi Avraham wrote:

> I tried GarageApp in Ozone tutorial and it's seems to slow :(
> I added 10 old Cars to the Garage database,
> and when I calling to oldtimer querry, it's seem that Ozone takes about
> half second for every object ...
> I have Pentium II 350 MHz 128MN RAM

1. Yes, ozone is slow. It is written in Java...

2. The tutorial is an example of what can be done with ozone's proxy
objects. The oldtimer() method retrieves all the Car objects first and then
invokes methods on them - you cannot see a difference between normal objects
and proxy objects. In real world applications you would implement this as a
method of an database object so that the calls would be executed within the
server. In the tutorial every method call goes through the socket
connection!

3. If all objects are loaded and activated already you can get 300-500
in-server calls per second.

4. On a PII 400 on Linux JDK 1.1.7 I get 10 cars per second.

> I nteresting thing:
> when I running 2 clients the performance reamain the same
Yes, the socket connection is the bottle neck.