Re: Close problem

Tim Brown wrote:

> I am running Linux RH6.0 and JDK 1.1.7 from blackdown.  I could not get
> the TYA compiler to work with 118.  I am running the latest ozone, 023 I
> think.
>
> I have not been able to make JDK1.2 work.  Not sure what is wrong.

Ok, we will release version 0.2.4 later this week. This code works for me it
work for you too ;)

BTW: Tim, what's the status of your game project? Can we see something?

We have implemented a method cache already. (doubles performance of raw
internal RMI calls - Yeahaaa :) Besides the OPP array bug is fixed and OPP
can handle unlimited number of RMI arguments now. Right now I'm about to
change deadlock recognition behaviour from sync to async. (better
performance again :) Here I run into trouble: Currently each method which
updates members has to call lock() itself. This is neither ODMG compliant
nor elegant. The only way around this is to mark all update methods. Because
I do not want to add something to the Java code, we would have to mark
update methods by their names. That means we would have to name all update
methods after a pattern. Then OPP can use regular expressions to find out
which methods are update methods and can generate additional code. Of
course, the pattern is customizable. Any better ideas?