To Falko, questions about type lookup, instance "ownership"

Does Ozone yet have the ability to lookup and return a tree of all its
stored objects?  What about all objects of a type?  What about all
objects of a type and its subtypes? (As in, everything inheriting from
Object!)

This might make a generic tree-structured DB maniulator /report writer
do-able.  I admit however, this introduces security issues:  Should
another application be able to even "see" objects created by another app
(or user)?  Much less delete them?

Also, is there any thought to the concept of object instance
"ownership".   This is the "uses", vs. "owns' issue.

I have to admit that much thought in IBM SanFrancisco was given to this
issue and alot of the required programming  in it deals with  managing
"owned" instances vs. "referenced" instances very precisely.

(SanFancisco is IBM's now defunct attempt to create an object
programming framework abstracted from the underlying DB engine and
location.  I took the training in it and wrote one app.  Interesting,
but extremely difficult to program and makes for excessive development
times.  IBM is redoing it in EJB.)

Your thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Ann Tecklenburg