TYA benchmark

I have an informal benchmark for usage of TYA (java runtime
compiler) with ozone.  While I am writing my gane I build
the "universe" or game database oftern.  I built the same
game with and without TYA.  Without TYA it took 30 seconds
to build a 10 star universe.  This involves building 10
stars, 3-10 planets and various amounts of grid-placed
sectors.    With TYA it took 20 seconds.  That is about the
speed increase I see with TYA on a Dell Optiplex 455mhz
machine with 128m RAM.  I am running Redhat6.0 and JDK
1.1.7.  I could run a newer JDK but none of the newer ones
are supported by TYA so I wait.

BTW:  JDK1.2 is very slow; too slow to bother with.

Tim

--
Tim Brown