Re: ozone-0.2.5 LocalDatabase.deleteObject() problem

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Hannes Haug wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the following test gives 4.5 MB /tmp/db/data. Did I forget
> something or doesn't deleteObject() free memory?

deleteObject() does delete objects but is does not delete the physical
representation immediatelly. If you start an ozone server on your database
(ozone -d/tmp/db), you will see that the server finds 0 objects.

ozone holds the objects in clusters. If an object is deleted or it is
re-clustered, only the information that is has been deleted will be written.
This speeds up the clustering process. The ozone kernel compresses the
clusters sometime it decides it is time to do so.