Re: Ozone port?

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999, Tim Brown wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way (short of recompiling
> ozone) of setting the ozone port(s)?  I would like to be
> able to run multiple ozone servers at one time.
>
> I am also wondering if anyone has thought about the access
> problem I am having getting to the same ozone object from
> different RemoteDatabase instances.  I haven't heard
> anything on this yet..

I have checked the multiple access problem a little more and got the same
StreamCorruptedException as Tim, when I try to use the same connection from
different threads.

As the first solution I have synchronized all methods of RemoteDatabase. This
seems to work fine. The disadvantage is that only one thread can access the db
at the same time even if the ozone server could run more than one transaction.
To come around this you have to use different database connection for each
thread. Could this be a solution?