Fwd: Re: how to detect failed login?

I'm forwarding this to the list because I'm sure other users are
interested in too.

Subject: Re: how to detect failed login?
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:35:21 -0800
From: Tim Brown <Tim.Brown@incenter.org>

Yes, I can see why it doesn't check.  But the real problem I am seeing is the fact
that the proxy is throwing an exception *nothing* can catch.  I have exception
handling everywhere and it still crashes my program.  I could be somewhat
premptive if there were a db.isConnected() or maybe a
isConnected(RemoteDatabase)    call I could use to see if a connection exists.

--
Tim Brown