Re: Update on v3

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Tim Brown wrote:
> Well, I ported my app to version 3.0 and had problems with
> nullpointer exceptions.  Os, I ported the same code back to
> v25 and it works fine.  So, without digging into it further
> I can only conclude that there is still something wrong with
> OPP.  In fact I am sure of it because when I try to
> recompile the source with the new OPP installed  javac
> refuses to compile the code generated by OPP.  I have gone
> back to using 025 for now.  But, the good news is that when
> a repaired version becomes available I can test it pretty
> quickly now that I have 2 complete environments installed
> and can switch between the 2 quickly.
>
> Oh yeah, the error javac produces when trying to compile
> OPP produced code is something like it can't find some ozone
> class, which IS there.  The developers should be able to
> reproduce this by compiling the 3.0 tree.

It was not a good idea to send just one source file :( The OPP I sent produces
code with the new RuntimeException instead of the old RuntimeError. You can fix
this by hand right in OPP.java or wait for a new release. But since I'm
completely re-working DxLib a new release will not come in the next days.