Re: Fwd: XML Server

It's amazing.

> So ideal XML database server will have:
>
> 1. PDOM

Yes.

> 2. XPath query engine (URL + Java interfaces)

I'm not sure about placing URL interfaces into the core,
but for sure there should be a library parsing the query
and executing it ( XSLT on top of DOM ? )

> 3. server-side XSLT processor

Yes. We are thinking to mix it with (2) but maybe it's
reasonable not to mix.

> 4. Java server extensions (stored procedures) invokable from URL or remote Java
> API

Yes. We are thinking to mix it with (2) but maybe it's
reasonable not to mix.

> 5. per Node triggers (node removed / inserted / updated)

Yes. We are thinking to mix it with (2) but maybe it's
reasonable not to mix.

> 6. SAX-based Client/Server API

Maybe XML-RPC could work.

> 7. XML Update language

Yes. We are thinking to mix it with (2) but maybe it's
reasonable not to mix.

> 8. Set of RDBMS to XML conversion utilities, like Oracle XML SQL / Cocoon's SQL
> Processor utilities

It's not a core, I think.

> As somebody told me: "Use XPath - like SQL WHERE clause and XSLT like SELECT,
> ORDER-BY and SORT-BY"

Very interesting sentence.

Could you please provide your feedback on XSLT-SQL thread  from
the XML-server dream Archive? ( http://www.egroups.com/group/xml-server )

It appears that we were thinking about most of functionality you are
describing.  We just mixed it all into  part of the project which is
called XSLT-SQL 'language'.

Rgds.Paul.