Re: Fwd: XML Server

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 Zvi Avraham wrote:
>> > 6. SAX-based Client/Server API
>>
>> Maybe XML-RPC could work.
>
>I don't know XML-RPC, but I assume it working with XML serialized in text,
>But we have already parsed query results ...

On the XML-RPC-Homepage (http://www.xmlrpc.com) you can find:

What is XML-RPC?

   It's a spec and a set of implementations that allow software running on
   disparate operating systems, running in different environments to make
   procedure calls over the Internet. It's remote procedure  calling using
   HTTP as the transport and XML as the encoding. It's designed to be as
   simple as possible, while allowing complex data structures to be transmitted,
   processed and returned.

So I would prefer native XML to communicate between c/s because of "human
readablity" and "overhead/size of parsed" XML data.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                          lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de