Re: Fwd: XML Server

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, you wrote:

  :

> > It appears that we were thinking about most of functionality you are
> > describing.  We just mixed it all into  part of the project which is
> > called XSLT-SQL 'language'.
>
> don't like the name, sorry :)
> What about to join Ozone-XML effort ?
> Ozone already have some infrastructure: PDOM, BLOBs, Ann working on XPath query
> engine,
> we could easily add DOM-based XSLT processor, and
> and methods in Ozone's database objects is equivalent of Stored Procedures (right
> Falko ?).
yes

> Next step will be:
>
> 1. PDOM optimization - clustering ?
Currently it seems that there is no way to do this right in the DOM code. As
said earlier, we have to re-work the ozone cluster system to meet the needs of
applications that use very small independent database objects. In other words:
the clustering (not just the backend clustering but the in-memory
clustering!) must be able to work on any kind of db objects! very tricky - but
a great feature.

> 2. XML Update language (look at ODI's proprietary Update language)
I will look at ODI but don't know what is needed here. ideas about update
language?

> 2. adding HTTP/URL/Servlet interface
no problem

> 3. XML-RPC or SAX interface (for C/S)
don't know

> 4. triggers
no problem in general but we need a good API spec

> anything else ?
Anns XPath as the foundations of all the XQL, XSLT stuff

> One suggestion:
> download and evaluate ODI's eXcelon - I think they pioneers in this field,
> they already have version 2.0, then we will be able to built light open source
> version of it using Ozone.
will look at. if there are no other ideas, it seems to be a good idea to use
their spec/API.