Re: Fwd: XML Server

Falko,

> > 2. XML Update language (look at ODI's proprietary Update language)
> I will look at ODI but don't know what is needed here. ideas about update
> language?

What about something similar to the xsl:document ?

xsl:document allows to output the nested result into an alternative
file.

We need to do the same to specify that we want to insert or update the
DOM with the nested XML result.

Couldn't we have something like

<xsl-lang:delete match="XPATH expression/>

and

<xsl-lang:update match="XPATH expression>
   set of tags (xsl & other namespaces) to generate a tree fragment
</xsl-lang>

or

<xsl-lang:update match="XPATH expression select="XPATH expression"/>

Wouldn't this be really flexible and powerful ???

Thanks

Eric
Eric van der Vlist                                              Dyomedea

http://www.dyomedea.com                          http://www.ducotede.com