Re: bug in Monster DOM

Hi,

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 Zvi Avraham wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I think there is a bug in Monster DOM implementation.
Thanks for using/testing the Monster DOM implementation.

>In Load.java example, "List Nodes" function works ok (with performance
>Node-per-second :-)
Every made access to "print" an element is a remote call  :-)
while the DOM converter works inside the ozone database.

>But, is anybody tried to print out actual XML file ?
Yes I did.

>I tried, and here what I got:
>
>1. Using OpenXML1.1 printer/formatter:
>
>Document "test.xml" found in DataBase!
>java.lang.ClassCastException: org.ozoneDB.xml.XMLElement_Proxy
>        at
>org.ozoneDB.xml.XMLElement_Proxy.getAttributes(XMLElement_Proxy.java:304)
>
>        at org.openxml.printer.XMLPrinter.printElement(Unknown Source)
>        at org.openxml.printer.BasePrinter.printNode(Unknown Source)
>        at org.openxml.printer.BasePrinter.printNode(Unknown Source)
>        at org.openxml.printer.BasePrinter.print(Unknown Source)
>        at org.openxml.printer.Printer.print(Unknown Source)
>        at
>org.apache.cocoon.formatter.OpenXMLFormatter.format(OpenXMLFormatter.java:114)
>
>        at Load.main(Load.java:38)
You are right, this is (better: was) a bug in the DOM implementation. We
will try to make the latest changes available very soon. Maybe we can make
a ozone-DOM-subrelease because the changes do not affect the ozone DB. ;-)

>2. Using XSL:P printer/formatter:
>
>Document "test.xml" found in DataBase!
>org.ozoneDB.UnexpectedException: java.lang.IllegalAccessException
>        at
>org.ozoneDB.xml.dom.CommentImpl_Proxy.getData(CommentImpl_Proxy.java:429)
>
>        at com.kvisco.xml.XMLPrinter.print(XMLPrinter.java:464)
>        at com.kvisco.xml.XMLPrinter.print(XMLPrinter.java:374)
>        at com.kvisco.xml.XMLPrinter.print(XMLPrinter.java:131)
>        at
>org.apache.cocoon.formatter.xml.XSLPXMLFormatter.format(XSLPXMLFormatter.java:72)
>
>        at Load.main(Load.java:39)
I did not tried the XML-Printer from the XSLP package. But we will check this
with the fixed DOM implementation.

>Any ideas ?
>Can this be bug in DOMConvertUtility ? or in OpenXML DOM impl ?
>
>Also, what's status of clustering thing ?
We are very busy with two commercial projects - so I donĀ“t know the actual
status...

>Best regards,
>Zvi

Lars