Re: Cocoon + Ozone stuff

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Christophe Vigny wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> Do you know that the cocoon staff is working on an xml cache off the
> document, beside they work also on an xsp implementation.
>
> Perhaps joining ozone an cocoon should be a great idea.
You want to use ozone as cache backend for cocoon? We tried this already with
less success. Cocoon uses the org.apache.cocoon.store.Store interface. This
interface does not support any kind of transactions (!) and they do not see a
reason why the persistent store of Cocoon should be based on transactions.
They think that transaction are somewhat to "big" (!?) for cocoon.

However, using ozone as data source of cocoon is a great idea. Right now we try
to get Zvi's OzoneProducer to work.

> Just a question to Ann :
>
> What is the langage off an ozone procesor ?
> If you think to an oql one, it's should be great.
This question is very important for the performance of ozone processor (and any
other kind of ozoneXML application)! The problem is that accessing the DOM
directly we get performance like "one node per second"... Internally ozone can
access around 500-1000 nodes per second! We are working to improve performance
of the DOM but this will only improve performance of "internal" access. So we
need a higher level access method that can work inside the server (also for
OzoneProducer). XPath, XQL?