Re: notification

> Sounds like
> a requirement of a - not yet started - notification system. More requirements,
> ideas, suggestions on this?

Yes:  check out the new "Shared Data Toolkit".  (Javasoft)   This is a
very
important J2EE extension.  It seems to have most of the notification
features that "distributed Ozone" and "shared Ozone" would require.

On sharing data:
The most difficult problem that I face in programming right now is where
multiple
users are actively updating the same data set:  concurrency in their
on-screen
view is almost impossible in standard Java and is problematical in other

languages since you have to use difficult, expensive, proprietary,
non-standard
middle-ware.  The shared data toolkit for Java looks like the
all-purpose answer.

There may be a way to give Ozone both distributed DB and shared data
facilities
at the same time using the SDT.

Best Wishes,

Ann Tecklenburg