Re: client of ozone idea

Your experiences mirror mine... I've been righting the penultimate
role-playing game for years now on the side :) I recently restarted it
again using JDK1.3 this time... in about 1k more years it should be
ready for beta :) I even found an old copy of Elite (best game ever for
its time!) to fuel my enthusiasm.

I was interested in the security question actually. It'd be nice to see
'pluggable' socket factories we can use e.g. an SSL-socket factory for
encrypted links, a compression socket factory for BLOB's etc.
Authentication on the server was also an area that needs looking at I
think. Easier said than done of course ;)

Actually I have a list of Nice Things to See(TM) that was prompted by
reading the discussions on setting up a CVS server and tightening the
management of Ozone. I think thats an excellent idea; when people can
better grasp what is going on and who the right people to talk to are
they will feel more inclined to dabble in the source code I guess.

One thing I was waiting on was being able to generate Proxy objects
(OPP) for classes in a package format e.g. com.kpi.foobar.* which isn't
possible now (unless this has been fixed in 0.3.2?)

Regards,
Joe Shevland
KPI Logistics