Re: XML Repository

Falko Braeutigam wrote:

[snip]

> Here is the current Java interface pasted right out of Lars' editor ;)
>
> public interface Repository extends OzoneRemote {
>     public void init (String parserName)  throws Exception;
>     public Document getRootDocument ();
>     public void setRootDocument (byte[] data) throws Exception;
>     public Document storeDocument (byte[] data, String docName, int access) throws Exception;
>     public Document storeDocument (Document memDoc, String docName, int access) throws Exception;
>     public void linkDocument (Element from, Document to);
>     public Document unlinkDocument (Element from);
>     public NodeList xpathQuery (Document pDom);
>     public NodeList xpathQuery (String qString, Document pDom);
>     public void addDocument (byte[] data, Element where, int access);
>     public void deleteDocument (Element where);
>     public String getParserName ();
>     public void setParserName (String parserName) throws Exception;
>     }

I think that repository must be Virtual Filesystem, with hierarchical directories,
where each file can be or XML Document or BLOB (we have support for both in Ozone).

It can be based on implementation of java.io.File over Ozone ...
I think there few Open Source Java Virtual Filesystems implementations
One is "Groovy Java Filesystem" at
http://www.linuxstart.com/~groovyjava/Filesystem/

Zvi Avraham, Server Team Leader
NetManage Inc., eSupport Group