Re: XML-Samples

Hi Norbert,

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 Norbert Rühlmann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed ozone and tried the examples like car and garage succesful
>on a Windows-NT, so far so good I also tried the XML-samples.
>I have the openxml-1_1.jar and xml4j_1_1_16.jar and also set the CLASSPATh
>on this both.
>But runing the Database and trying to java Store (from
>...\ozone\samples\Xml\) I get an Exception :"Exception in thread "main"
>jjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/xml/parsers/NonValidatingDOMParser"
>Looking at the jar-Files I found only the com/ibm/xml/parser -Package not
>parsers and never a NonValidatingDOMParser.class -File.

IBMXMLParser.class in xxx.xml.util works with XML4J 2.0.15 and this is the
only IBM Parser we have. We should include much more documentation to avoid
such problems. :-)

>The Store-Program runs up to the Method-Call
>converterUtil.storeDocument (data, docName, null);
>but I can't find the storeDocument-Method in the source of the Class:
>DOMConverterUtil.java

What ozone package are you using? The versions 0.3.2 and 0.3.3 contain this
method.

>Also compiled the Class DOMConverterUtil with the sun jdk1.2.2 compiler
>gives a smaller .class-File than in the packages.

This can be true. We are only using jdk 1.1.x on Linux and Solaris.

>I will be glad if anybody haves an idea about the solution, because storing
>XML-Documents in a Database is the main-target of my project.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de