Re: Ozone versus storedObject

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999, Christophe Vigny wrote:
> Anyone can compare Ozone with storedObjects another open source software
> odbms.
I wanted to learn more about storedObjects and so I subscribed the mailing list.
Unfortunatelly there is no archive and also no new messages in the list.

I did not test it yet but the short overview of the feature list is pretty
impressiv. For example:

- distributed and parallel servers / replication built-in
- nested transactions
- automatic schema evolution / version management
- partial JMS implementation

So far I cannot find a transaction monitor in their code. So the questions is
what do they mean by "distributed servers"? In other words: we would have to
test it to find the meat behind the words.

Christophe, you probably know storedObjects already. If you want to find
out something about ozone, please download the software and read our mail
archive. Then come back with your questions. (What else can I answer to a
question like yours? ;)

> Is ozone a free software or a open source sofware ?
The core modules are under GPL. APIs are under LGPL.