Re: Ozone setup

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Bradley Marshall wrote:
> So I'm trying to set up ozone on a new Mandrake
> machine.  ozoneInst runs fine, but when I run ozone I
> get:
>
> ozone server - version 0.3.1 initializing...
> PersistenceSpace: ObjectSpace recovery ...
> PersistenceSpace: 0 objects found. Exception in thread
> "main" java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native
> Method)         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:390)
>         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:173)
>      at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:86)
>     at
> org.ozoneDB.DxLib.net.DxMultiServer.<init>(DxMultiServer.java:28)
>         at
> org.ozoneDB.core.InvokeServer.<init>(InvokeServer.java:25)
>         at
> org.ozoneDB.core.Env.startExternalEventProcessing(Env.java:152)
>         at
> org.ozoneDB.core.Server.main(Server.java:58)
>
> What address does that refer to?  Is there anything
> you know of that ozone can conflict with?  I don't
> know what port it runs on.

The ozone server tries to bind port 3000 and 3333. You can adjust these
values when you install a database. For example this is required if you want
to run two ozone servers on the same machine. The ozoneInst shows the default
config for the port (and other properties). Anyway, I will have to fix this so
that the server gives a "correct" message.  Thanks, Bradley.