sql + java

>> In fact I use database because of the querry langage.
>What particular benefits do you get out of the combination of Java -
SQL?

You can build for exemple a product that write java form or jsp
representation off an sql selection.
We can use jdbc metadata to know how the data should be represented in
the form (combo with relation, field , etc...)

in fact to build a product, you have to think of an sql container for
the persistance data.
and then you can build the interface automaticaly.

ex : sql="select c.name, c.tel, c.fax, c.id from customer"
should be translated in a form presenting all the data off the request
with entreprise rules.

a very good example :
http://www.dms.at/kopi/

take a look.
ciao

begin:vcard
n:Vigny;Christophe
tel;fax:33 478 226 011
tel;work:33 478 220 000
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.artprice.com
org:Artprice.com
adr:;;Domaine de la Source;Saint Romain au Mont d'or;;69270;France
version:2.1
email;internet:cvigny@artprice.com
title:Senior Developer
fn:Christophe Vigny