Re: nameObject bug?

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> --On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 11:30 AM -0900 Tim Brown <Tim.Brown@incenter.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Will,
> >
> > Just so I understand.  This change is to allow updating of objects
> > basically right?  So, if I make changes to one of my database objects I
> > can now right a utility that removes those objects even though the
> > signature has changed?
>
> Um, no.
>
> As I understand things (and I've been using Ozone for 4 days, so I'm not
> expert), all Ozone objects can be named.  The first 'if' allows you to
> name objects after creation, if you left the name string null when you
> created the object.  The API already exists, it just threw an exception
> when I tried to use it in certain situations.
>
> The second 'if' allows you to 'unname' an object.  i.e. set its name string
> back to null.
>
> Neither of these have anything to do with the 'Two more comments' I made
> earlier.
>
> As I said above, I'm no ozone ezpert, so while these changes work for me,
> I'd like more experienced coders to comment on them.  BTW, email seems to
> have done strange things to the formatting of the code snippet.  Be careful
> of the scope while reading it.
Thanks for the help, Will. Yes, yes, I should have been fix this already. The
first "if" of your code is pretty much the same that I have in the old branch
of my working code already ;) The second is a nice and probably often needed
enhancement.

I'm just about to add the "unname" behaviour to the new branch of the code.