delete

I vote we have a deleteForName().  Why?  Well for one thing
I don;t know if I will ever need to use the DOM, XML stuff.
I think the database should be useable in any case.  Right
now if I change an object in my database I have to scratch
the database and start over.  I am refering to a case where
I have a complete universe built.  it consists of many
stars, planets, ships etc.  I make a bug fix to a ship say
and right now I have to erase the database and generate a
new one all because of this one change.  When all I really
need to do is remove the old ships and anything referencing
ships.  I usually know what to delete but cannot because the
signature of the ship object has changed.  If I could delete
by name I could write a little delete utility to do the
cleanup.  I realize that this will be possible with XML but
I need this now.  How long before I can use XML to delete or
report on objects in the database?

I will write this myself and you all can see if it will fit
in.  I guess I will learn this as well from doing this.

Tim

--
Tim Brown