Fwd: Re: Query language?

Since cross posting over ozone-users and ozone-dev does not work...

Subject: Re: Query language?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:31:53 +0100
From: Falko Braeutigam <falko@smb-tec.com>

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001, Erwin Selg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> are there concrete plans for a query language (full OQL) now?

Not that many responses so far, sorry.

Maybe the new JDO specification 0.92, which recently has been published at:
http://access1.sun.com/jdo/, could help us to keep this query lang and related
discussions going.

>From a brief view it seems that it is better than earlier versions. Making
ozone JDO compliant (if possible anyway) would at least help to stop those
discussions and explanations about database vs. objectbase vs. app server and
the confusion that goes with it. It could give ozone a clear focus and place in
the (j2ee) world.

So we really should try to discuss the pros and cons of this new JDO spec.
Maybe this is a very important point for ozone.