Ozone and Apache XML database project?

Hi,

since I'm new to the Ozone developer list, I'm just curious about the rumours
that Ozone might become an Apache XML database project. I read some
discussions on the Cocoon devel list, with fruitful ideas from Stefano
Mazzocchi, and I like his ideas. But I'don't know the status of this project,
or even how I can become a part of this process.

I got the impression the project has a very early status and there is some
work to do before Ozone could be committed to ASF.

Before I start to hack the sources without having feedback, here are some
thoughts I want to share with you about what I like to do:

- replacing Ozone's DxLib with Java 2 Collections (Falko Bräutigam gave me a
hint that Ozone needs some basic cleanup in this area)

- persistent DOM with DOM Level 2/XPath support, prepared for usage with
Apache Xerces 2/Xalan 2

- improving Ozone's client/server structure (similar to Tomcat 4 XML-based
configuration)

- a little bit refactoring the Ozone packages to clean up architectural
issues

- seamless integration of the Ozone transaction architecture with Avalon,
Cocoon and other Web application frameworks

Yes, this could take a little time, but it could be worth it.

Jörg

--
Jörg Prante
Sevenval AG (HRB 32757) e-business marketing technologies