Re: Ozone and Apache XML database project?

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Jörg Prante wrote:

[snip - reworking some parts of ozone]

> Joerg, please don't get me wrong! ozone needs all the help it can get and I
> appreciate all help. But honestly I'm not sure if you really know what you are
> talking about when you say that you want to replace DxLib in the kernel of
> ozone. DxLib is synchronized while Java2 collections are not. This would mean
> to rework nearly all classes of the kernel! Are you actually ready to do that -
> or at least to help with that?

Joerg and all, as you know I'm a terrible bad list moderator and project
coordinator. Please don't let statements as the above discourage you from
jumping in! Sometimes I'm just to stupid honest.
Yesterday I was very frustrated about the apache XML PMC. First they asked us
to donate Prowler, then we did a lot of work to make it happen and now it seems
that they don't actually want this or they are still busy with reorganizing or
something else, I dont' know. This of course had nothing to do with ozone and
your mail. It just got me frustrated about to-much-talk-and-to-less-action guys.

Joerg, you _did_ already send a patch. Thanks for your help again. Of course my
mail wasn't meant to offend you. I would be more than happy (!) to tackle the
raised issues together with you and all the other guys in the list.

You raised some issues in you mail. We already started to work on the new XML
support. Lars has proposed a new architecture which I think is a very good
strarting point. IMO XML is the most important point currently. And it is a good
point for others to jump in because we need a completely new concept, design
and implementation. Should we start things by discussing the requirements and
the concept of the new ozone/XML?