Re: Query kernel

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Dasarathi wrote:
> hi ,
>   now we have got some clear idea of what is to be done
> i want an idea of how wizardstore works.
> i have started looking at the code
> do u have some documentation with u
>   after we understand how objects r stored
> we can proceed with the algos.

IMO the query kernel should be completly independent of the ozone kernel
implementation - like the XML sub-system. It should be a layer on top of the
'native' ozone API. If we will find that this 'native' ozone API is currently
not able to handle this, then we can and should consider to change this. But
I'm pretty sure that the query kernel should not depend on the underlying
backing store. The backing-store should be pluggable. If the query kernel
relies on the backing store than we need one for each backing-store.

Falko