RE: Ozone Doc Project

> > > Is this a good idea?
> > Maybe. What is the problem you like to solve by doing this?
>
> The stylesheets that are included are being worked on frantically by
> Norm Walsh and are on version 1.39 and I think that we include 1.29.
> Since this is constantly changing it would make more sense to checkin
> the zip file for this and the docbook DTDs that I'd like to include
> also. I have a basic install worked out. It errors out if the zip file
> is found and asks you to run 'ant install'. This way we could save time
> on the one file download versus all the pieces and make it easy to
> upgrade the stylesheets.

OK, i'm convinced. Whatever files that we do not maintain make more sense to
have packaged the way you describe.

> For people without constant access to the net, the dtd included could
> help people be disconnected and still work since xalan wants the dtd
> from the doctype prolog.

Yes, this would help me a lot so i'm all for it :) I currently do an ugly
hack shifting between local and internet -you saw it in the Ozone
Documentation Howto.

> This is why I'd like to add these two zips and modify the build. BTW,
> how do you build the new howto doc? Did you make a buch of new targets?

Yes one new target and the license as an included entity.

> > I was thinking the same. The build would go through all XML
> files under src
> > and process them with same style sheet using the patters of whatever.xml
> > into whatever.html and whatever.pdf but i could not find a good way to
> > traverse unspecified subdirectories. Take a look at build.xml in
> > ozone-modules/ozoneXML - maybe you find some useful ideas there?
>
> Okay, I will. I know we can use the antcall and set properties for the
> file names. This means three small targets for each doc and the depends
> lines change but if we only have a few docs this would work until we
> find a better way or ant gets better.

Sounds like a good solution until we find the way to automate it completely.

Best regards,
Per