Re: Coding conventions

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Fiedler.Raul wrote:
> Hi all developers
>
> I really appreciate all work that has been done here before I started to
> follow this project.
> But I think it is time to put the essential topic coding conventions on the
> agenda.
>
> As this project grows successfully I think it is great if we could agree on
> a standard way of writing code.
> You already know that it speeds up: browsing, and time to understand the
> code, for all participants.
Very good point! Until now there are just 2 or 3 people actually contributing
code to the ozone core. So it wasn't a problem to follow the 'ozone coding
conventiones', which are completely non-standard, I know ;)

> I suggest that we use Sun Microsystems's document:
> Code Conventions for the JavaTM Programming Language
The Infozone Group (http://infozone-group.org) has developed a tool to convert
existing code to the mentioned Sun standard. Using this tool it shouldn't be
that much work to convert the ozone code. I put it on my to-do list.

Raul, for now you may follow the current ozone conventions, if possible.